So, here's the thing. I've been doing online business and community building for over four years and I've been doing it full-time for almost two years. It has been one epic journey.
I have found that being an entrepreneur is like personal growth on steroids.
You're finding out more of who you are, you're stepping out to do things that once scared you and you're also dealing with some of the insecurities that rise to the surface in you.
End game, you're learning so much.
One thing I love to do is keep record of what I am learning because not only can they be reminders to me of how far I've come, but they can be wisdom and stories to other people.
I'm diving deep and giving you some bite-sized lessons I have learned over these past few years.
1. Who you are in every day life is who you want to be in your every-day business.
2. A strong and healthy vision will take you further than any strategy.
3. The highest goal of any business is to love people.
4. Get comfortable with failure.
5. Always choose connection over competition. Let people know you.
6. Visual branding will make or break your brand.
7. Learn how to emotionally process what is happening in your business.
8. Being a feeler isn't a bad thing, it is actually a gift.
9. Separate your identity from your results. They're not the same thing.
10. Consistency leads to success.
11. Find out the things that make you feel alive, not just the things that you're good at.
12. Narrow down the person you really want to speak to as quickly as you can.
13. Online critics are not really mad at you, they're mad at themselves.
14. Take care of yourself or you'll burn out and that is the last thing we want.
15. Embrace your imperfections.
16. Master the perfect pitch and collaborate like crazy.
17. Find your people. You'll need them on the hard days.
18. See what gives you energy in your business and what drains it. Adjust accordingly.
19. Stop caring so much about what people think.
20. Tell your story with vulnerability.
21. Your biggest struggles can be transformed into your greatest messages.
22. Do things that empower you to step away and take time off.
23. Don't be afraid to take risks and grow your team.
24. When you feel afraid, up your passion, instead of focusing on your fear.
25. No matter who you are or where you are, you have something to teach.
26. Whatever you do, don't stop moving forward.
27. Get convicted of who you are and what you have to give. This is everything.
28. Make memories with your dreams.
29. Stay teachable. Stay hungry to learn new things.
30. Don't underestimate the power of play in your business.
31. Everyone, no matter how successful, are human and we can all learn from each other.
32. Social media can be a powerful platform for online community building.
33. Go to live events. It is good to be with people.
34. Decide you can and you will.
35. Send snail mail to those that you admire.
36. You always have the power to make someone's day.
37. Compelling copy can transform a sales page.
38. Watch how you limit yourself. You can always go further.
39. Self care is necessary.
40. It is crazy how much a clean home can affect your productivity.
41. How you impact people determines your success more than anything else.
42. Stop undervaluing yourself.
43. Don't get lost in what everyone else is doing. Stay aligned with who you are.
44. Creativity needs to be cultivated.
45. Lead with encouragement and stand out.
Which one of these speaks the most to you? Let me know in the comments!